Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mud Room Wall Reveal

I have been working on this mud room wall FOREVER, it seems.
So here is where we started. Plain wall. (ok, I forgot to take the REAL before, but you get the picture)

I put the ledger board up, a 2x6.

It stayed like that for far too long.  But then I got the mirrors and rest of trim installed, all using leftover trim that the previous homeowners left us.

It took forever because what I really needed that I didin't have.. BEADBOARD.  So once I got a day to borrow the van and my mom to babysit my babies, we were in business.

I got the hooks at IKEA. (5) for $10. Love them.

The seat is only 7" deep. (That's a sample of the IKEA flooring) It's enough for half a butt to sit on and take your shoes off but definitely not a "sit and relax seat".

But my favorite part is the seat is actually the old window sill from the same laundry room. (What Hubbys hand is resting on). You can read about that renovation HERE. I just loved the aged look. I had to scrap layers and layers of paint off and cut it to size but I love the outcome.  The mix of old and new.

And it matches the flooring we are going to install.

IKEA. Tundra, Antique Effect.
And there you have it.

I absolutely love it. It feels like it's always been there.  Can't wait to get rid of that ugly tile... oh well, another day.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your home is going to look like a model home after no time! You have done fantastic things already. I LOVE to see the progress. Way to go momma!

Cara said...

Wow! Looks awesome! I also love a balance of old and new,old stuff has so much personality!

Jill said...

So jealous, this is gorgeous!! I wish I had a mud room. Once all the major renos are done I'm going to convince my boyfriend that we should beadboard the back entrance. ;)

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Hi!

I'm a new follower!

The mud room looks fantastic!

Sue @ Beach Bungalow
xo

Samantha said...

I really like your madeover mudroom! Nice and functional.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

The beadboard really finishes this space! Love the transformation!!