Friday, October 22, 2010

Dining Light Revamp

You may remember my post about CSN.  I was so excited when I found this light for $ 27.92  (Marked down from $ 262.90)

Brass and all... I had to snag it up.  You can always fix the color, but the seeded glass and shape were perfect. 

Bright brass.

So I took it all apart and took it outside to give it a good coat of matte black with my FAVORITE BBQ paint, it's not glossy, I love it.

Note: I should have used primer. If I bumped the metal to metal is chipped in some spots so I had to be super careful. It wasn't a huge deal to me though because it's not like it's going to be touched a lot.

Reassemble

And there you have it.

So much better than the old fan, the lights didn't give off any light at all.

It defines the dining space so much better.
And here's the WAY before, so much has changed.  It's slowly coming together.

I love it.
Another note:  If you try to do a small project, that should take about 1-2 hours, times it by the number of short people at your feet that call you "mommy" and that is how long the project will really take. (2 hours x 3 children = 6 hours)

And A SNEAK PEAK of the laundry room wall that is soooo close to being done.  I have a small piece of beadboard to cut but it won't stop raining, erg!!  So, pics to come!

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your light is just fantastic and I love it painted black. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Lindsay said...

LOVE it! Your so creative!