Thursday, July 22, 2010

Country Kitchen turns BEACH?

So here we are before... dark red walls, white cabinets and trim and beige beadboard.

And here we are now. Buttercream walls, grey blue "backsplash" and white beadboard. Sorry for the poor lighting.

Over the sink window, I want to put a worn vintage sign, mostly black "FRESH EGGS" or "DAIRY" or something like that. I really want to continue the white beadboard around and use as backsplash but that's just another thing to rip out in a year when we ACTUALLY redo the kitchen.  I've seen faux beadboard wall paper. Maybe I'll look into that.

What do you think?  Needs more "COUNTRY" and less "Beach" but I think it's better. Hubby, however, like the red better. Yuck. And that is why we keep him upstairs programming web applications, not desiging the house, LOL.

I was actually considering painting the lower cabinets BLACK, now that the walls are so light and there are so many windows.

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, I love the new paint color, so pretty. Painting the bottom cabinets black like the island would look fabulous, however I think it is stunning the way it is. So fresh looking. Hugs, Marty

Erica said...

I love the butter cream paint color! It's coming along and looking fanastic!

Lindsay said...

OH I love that color! Looks great!

kitliz @ DIYdiva said...

I'm really enjoying the black/white/buttercream combo lately! I think it looks great as is, but the black would add a little drama in the room... I think you'd love it if you did it. (I for one, am LOVING the island in that pic.) Are you redoing everything in the kitchen including the cabinets in a year?

Momma Rhyne said...

Yes, we are completely redoing everything in a year, ripping out the floors, installing radiant in-floor heating, new WHITE cabinets, butcher block counters, built in eating nook... so black might be fun, since it is only temporary!