Thursday, September 30, 2010

Who I am

Who I am ~

My name is Melissa. I am a child of God. Wife to Redneck. Mother of the Rhyne Brine.

I am a dreamer. I am a planner. I am creative. I am an optimist. 

I am a support personality. I am a pusher. Not a push you out of my way, but a push you towards YOUR goal.

I am a bows(wo)man.  Shooting my fire arrows to light the world on fire. Psalms 127:3-5My children are why I am here, to teach them and support them.  They are my biggest blessing.

I love what Redneck and I have been through together, now we are strong. Built on the ROCK

I am a giver, learned from my mother.

I am simple, don't try to figure me out. There is nothing to figure out. I like you, I want to help you and am here for you. OR I don't like you much because of your negativity or narcissism. But I am learning to love all.

I love living small, it's the new big.



Where I live ~


Outskirts of Seattle, in Cow Town. We just bought our first family house.  It's 920 sq ft of bliss. It is PERFECT. We are 0.8 miles away from my parents, can walk to town for ice cream or coffee.  We have awesome neighbors. 


What I love about my home ~

That its ours.  We were in negotiations for this house for 4 months, it almost feel through about 5 times) but everytime something came up, inspector issue, loan processing, etc. GOD CAME THROUGH.

It was build in 1916, needs a lot of work. My family was "if-y" about the house, didn't outright say it but you could tell. With everything that kept coming up, they seemed to want us to back out.  But the more things that came up, the more I felt that this house was God's, and He wanted us to have it. Every family needs an embassy. My family is going to do great things and we needed a home.  I feel like our family is a threat to Satan and he tried everything to make sure we couldn't get this house.  But God just laughed and the impossible became possible.


I love that my architecture background is turning this house into our home. I love being able to make a warm, functional home for my family who homeschool and work from  home. 


My favorite room is ~
 The master bedroom.



Although by the time I get to spend time here, I am 3 seconds away from unconsciousness, I love how serene it feels. I love the built in night stands and my daughters built in co-sleeper that I built.




My favorite thing to do DIY wise is ~

I wish I could chose a favorite, but I love it all. I love painting, walls, murals, plaques, anything. I love building something from nothing. I love demolishing. I love reorganizing.

I wish I knew how to ~

CODE.  Like build computer applications.

Then I could speak to my Redneck and actually understand what he's talking about 95% of the time. He is a genius. I am serious.  It runs in his family.  There has been a genius in every generation of the Richardsons (his mother's maiden name) as far back as they can remember.


I am not the book smart, I am terrible at memorizing anything.  But I was smart enough to snag my Redneck before anyone else did.   And that is my genius, I love creating something when most people would see nothing.  When we were dating, Redneck thought it would be awesome to be a barista, really!  But I quickly smothered that dream and shoved him a whole 'nother direction, where he should have been going in the first place. CHASING BIG Dreams.


Sometimes I wish I knew how to settle. I see other people coasting through life, just fine, no real obstacles.  But I can't. I don't know how.  I have to keep pushing towards the impossible, overcoming things that make me more reliant on God than every before. He has never failed me and never will.
Never mind... I don't wish I knew how to settle, it would be a waste of a brain and a purpose.  I am a rhino, even if you tried to paint spots on me, I could never be a cow. I have to charge, I can't sit around and be happy munching on grass.  Please read Rhinoceros Success. One of my favorite books.



Something you may not know about me is ~


My family was in a cult when I was in high school.  I ran away to my aunt and was without my family for 2 years. And during that time, I met my Redneck.  Don't you just love how God makes all things work together for good? I do. 


Because of Redneck, I got into my dream college,  University of Washington and rowed crew. (I'm second from the front, if you couldn't tell. Well, third from the front if you count the coxswain)




Then we eloped and got married in Hawaii.








Why I love to blog ~

I love to journal, helps me think. I love to look back on life.  And I just don't have the space to scrapbook anymore, so this is working just fine.

This post was inspired my Funky Junk Interiors and I am linking to the party!

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a tender, positive and upbeat post. You are one remarkable lady. The Lord has his hands on you and great plans for you. Hugs, Marty

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Wow. What a triumph of a story! You are so inspiring!

Thanks so much for linking up. It was very nice to 'meet' you!

Donna

Lindsay said...

This is so sweet. I LOVE this!

michaela said...

Love love love this post!!!

All That Jazz said...

What a wonderful story! Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better! You are an amazing person! :)
~michelle~

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks so much for your gracious comments about my painted pitcher. You asked where I got my faux sunflowers. I found them at Michael's. They are the prettiest ones that I have seen. Hugs, Marty

savvycityfarmer said...

I do hope you saw my post called cowgirls forever .. you were featured!


love you bunches ...

Anonymous said...

You are an interesting girl indeed!

Only a Rhinoserous would have the guts to leave a family involved in a cult. Good on you.

and to elope! wow!

blessing to you and your family, Melissa.

Gidget said...

It's how funny the law of attraction works. It brought me to your site and it was very enjoyable to live your journey. Thank you for sharing! ~Gidget~