Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Burlap love

I have this new found love for burlap.

These are Pottery Barn. Just the slip covers are selling for $25.


I found some  awesome burlap sacks at the architectural salvage shop. Second Use.  The burlap is chunky and authentic, I just love it. I looked like a crazy woman digging through the pile of burlap sacks that everyone was passing by. I wanted to buy all of them.  The clerk asked what I was going to do with them, I said, "Make pillow cases". Cue more crazy looks.  Oh well, I'm used to it!


I kept the original print. I loved that it said "German" and "Coffee".  



Then, I took the back side with no printing, and made this.  I just love it.  
 "Chaumiere" means cottage.



It would work great in the garden or in the kitchen / mud room to hold letters and keys.  Too bad the decor of my mother-in-laws house doesn't fit with this style or I'd take a few shots inside.
Check them out at my Etsy Shop.
Maybe I am crazy, oh well!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I had no idea you were so creative! I love your Etsy shop!! I wish I had that kind of creativity...oh and knew how to use a sewing machine!

Em said...

I LOVE them - you are so creative!

Faded Plains said...

Love your hanging pouch...so cute!