It all started when I found this vanity. I thought I'd use it to do this...
Simple remodel. Remove the double vanity... replace with single.. gain space
Ended up ripping out EVERYTHING, replacing joists (all of them), all subfloor, new vinyl, new walls, etc..
It was tricky because we couldn't remove the clawfoot tub down the 24" hallway. So we had to rip out half the floor, replace everything.. then move the clawfoot to the "new" side and replace the other side.
In moving the clawfoot around, I realized it would work much better on the "vanity" wall. So I rearranged the plumbing to accomidate.
So... without further ado...
I made the door myself out of the old door. I cut a hole in the middle, frosted plexiglass... put moulding around and added custom vinyl decal. And now it's a pocket door. (I'll post a "How To" later)
The sink got moved to the tub pluumbing area. So much more spacious!
The large mirror right as you walk in is the old vanity mirror that was horizontal. I glued it onto some hardboard, let it sit for 72 hours. Then I screwed the exposed hardboard into studs then trimmed out the rest. The tub still needs a D shape clawfoot rod and curtains,
and a glass shelf over the toilet.
But it's been 7 weeks and my husband is done having a construction zone.
The tub and vanity
Behr Eucalyptus Leaf
The upper wall in Satin
Behr Aqua Breeze
And the beadboard and all trim in semi-gloss
Behr Swiss Coffee