Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Coffee Cheapskate

They look the same. They look EXACTLY the same.

One costs $2.50 more.  One is "Custom Roast" and one is "Classic Roast"

Why do I feel the need to save $2.50 for my addiction. I brew one cup of my cheap skate coffee and spit it out.  It tastes bitter, burnt and  old. I live and grew up in Seattle so I have to have my fix.

Custom = NASTY   :  Classic = YUMMY

So for the $2.50 I thought I was going to save, that can is now up in the cupboard, almost completely full and will never be used.  So I didn't save anything, in fact I just wasted $6.00 on a can of coffee that will never be used (unless some unpleasant relative is coming over, hehe).

Note to self :  Going the cheap route will NEVER save you money! 

2 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

You get what you pay for...

some of the time!

Em said...

We drink classic too! Funny thing is that we had a lot of gifted flavored coffees and I would just reuse the can from the Folgers and pour the flavored coffee in there and when we ran out I opened a fresh can of the Folgers and my husband said "wow, this is good coffee, what flavor is this one?" haha